Wednesday 16 July 2014

T A G | The Beauty Blogger Tag.


Okay, so first of all apologies for the ridiculous picture, just thought it was lighthearted and funny. Totally irrelevant, but hey, it made me smile, haha!

Would firstly like to point out before I attempt this TAG, that I would in no way refer to myself as a 'beauty bloggeer' I mean I'm just a newbie. Just thought it would be a bit of fun, and thought the questions were interesting. 

Here goes.

1. WHY DID YOU START BLOGGING AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN BLOGGING FOR?
I'm sure a lot of people say the same, but I was just so bored and was getting quite lonely in the daytimes at uni. I was literally spending my life reading through my favourite blogs and watching youtube videos. So I thought 'Hannah you really need a hobby, make a blog, it's not like people have to actually see you or hear you, just have DO SOMETHING', and so my blog began. I'm honestly such a newbie, I've literally been blogging since March, so four/five months?

2. WHO'S BLOG DID YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH FIRST?
Hmm, this is a hard one. I think it was probably Sammi's from 'The Beauty Crush'? She has always been one of my absolute favourites. Think she was one of the main reasons I decided to make mine.

3. WHAT WAS THE FIRST BLOGOSPHERE HYPED ABOUT PRODUCT THAT YOU BOUGHT?
It was either Nars' Orgasm or MAC lipsticks in general?

4. WAS IT WORTH THE HYPE?
With both of these, it took me a while to fall in love with them. But now I would completely recommend! 

5. WHAT ARE YOUR FIVE FAVOURITE THINGS ABOUT BLOGGING AND BEING A BEAUTY BLOGGER?
1. I love spending time when I'm down, or stressed or even just bored, taking photographs, editing them, and creating a post that I love and that I am completely interested in.
2. I love reading through other blogs for ideas and inspiration.
3. I LOVE the community. I think it's so amazing that so many people from all across the world share the same interest and that so many people (not all) can just be so lovely to one another. Think this is my favourite.
4. I'm a bit of a saddo, I bought a book from Paperchase and I love jotting down ideas for posts that I could do in the future.
5. I love the buzz I get when I look on my Blogger and seeing that people are actually enjoying what I am putting up. While that isn't why I do it, it's just nice to know.

6. WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNT FROM BEING A BEAUTY BLOGGER?
Like I said I'm only a newbie, but I've definitely learnt it takes a lot more effort to get my blog to look how I want it to. I don't know if that's just because I'm a bit of a perfectionist but I've spent more time trying to get the layout to look nice than I have doing posts I think. Still needs a lot more work I know. I'm working on it haha.

7. HAVE YOU CHANGED ANYTHING SINCE BECOMING A BEAUTY BLOGGER?
Not really. That's the thing I love about blogging. You don't need to change at all. I blog for me? I do it because it's something I enjoy to do. I don't need to change an awful lot. I mean don't get me wrong I would love a swanky DSLR camera to take fantastic photos, but realistically I don't NEED one. I am happy with how my blog is going for now. In the future? You never know..

8. WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO A BEAUTY BLOGGER JUST STARTING OUT?
With me only just starting out myself I can't see myself giving great advice, sorry haha! But the one thing I have found is to mess around with the settings, see what happens. Change things up and get it how you want it. The most important thing I would say is be yourself. There's no point copying everyone elses blogs. No one wants to read practically the same blog over and over again. Be original. Take ideas and inspiration, but do your own twist on it.

9. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP FIVE MAKE-UP BRANDS? 
Oooo, this is a toughie. I would have to say,
1. Urban Decay
2. MAC
3. Benefit
4. Estee Luader
5. Revlon

10. RECOMMEND YOUR TOP FIVE BEAUTY PRODUCTS.
Five really is a hard number, haha. I love too many.
1. MAC Mineralise Skinfinish.
2. Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara.
3. Topshop lipsticks (apparently the people who make MAC lipsticks also make the Topshop ones, they're just a lot cheaper, it's the student in me haha)
4. Urban Decay Naked One Palette. 
5. MAC eyeshadows, ohhh myyy goddd. I LOVE them haha.

Anyway hope this was enjoyable in some way. Sorry I can't have too much input in this department just yet
Share any tips in the comments
x

2 comments:

  1. It was really interesting to read this and now i kind of want to do this tag myself.:)

    ~~~

    Visit my blog. I'm planning on posting my weight loss story!
    velvetberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw you should totally do it, I tag you haha x

      Delete