Sunday 6 July 2014

L I F E S T Y L E | Growing Up.



Okay, so recently a lot has changed in my life. I think I've finally hit the wall where I've realised I'm growing up and honestly, it's really scary. It seems to have all happened so fast I've hardly had chance to step back and breathe. Does anyone know where I'm coming from here? Haha. 

I mean I know I moved away to university three and a half hours away from my parents last year, and while yeah it kid of seemed like I was becoming a 'responsible adult', realistically I wasn't. I really didn't look after myself.

But this weekend I have been back to Newcastle to move into my new house with my flat mates and we've been talking about bills, locks, fire alarms, joint bank accounts and all of the things that your parents sort out for you when you're younger. 

Also knowing that I am going to be starting my second year at uni? Where the hell did the first year go? Let alone the second one haha. 

I've also recently bought myself a little car so that's pretty scary. I mean I can drive?! Anywhere I want? I have freedom that I've never had before?

While all of this is super exciting and I don't want to take ANY of it for granted. I'm aware how lucky I am to be living a life like this, it's all just a little overwhelming. I also know that the fact that I am starting to 'grow up', I'm no longer a child, and you know when you are younger and everything is just so simple, nothing is more complicated than picking which doll to play with, or what crayon to use? I just know things will only get harder from here. That thought is quite upsetting in a way, knowing that part of my life is over and there's no chance of going back.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I think I have realised that life seems to fly past us and we tend to not cherish those moments that in the future will matter to us as a reflection.

Hope I'm not the only one having this kind of realisation? Haha.
Hope you're all well, apologies for rambling 
X

5 comments:

  1. I've just finished my second year at uni and trust me I don't feel any more adult like after a year of dealing with fire alarms and bills XD It is pretty scary though the amount of responsibility that is thrust upon you with uni! xx

    ☾ Liquorice Pearls ☾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaaah that's so reassuring! thank god for that haha! its so intense isn't it? just found out i have to re sit some of my exams to get into next year which is a bummer!xx

      Delete
  2. Hey Hannah, I'm starting university in september and I'm not going to lie.. i'm so nervous and scared. Any tips? Xx

    lauras-little-life.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyy! Yeah, firstly don't be nervous honestly, it will be the most exciting year of your life. Try and say yes to as many opportunities as possible, spend the first couple of weeks not worrying too much about studies but settling in and getting to know everyone! Take everything you think you might need, but anything you do forget you can pick up at your local wilkos or something, you won't die without the odd bits and bobs for the first couple of weeks! Most of all though, be yourself and just have a great time xx

      Delete