Monday 3 March 2014

B E A U T Y | My MAC Lipstick Collection.



Out of all of my make up items that I have been collecting over the years, my MAC lipsticks are definitely up there with my most treasured. I am aware that to some my collection is so small it's slightly pointless dedicating a whole blogpost to them, but I just love them too much not to share. Lipsticks are always one of my favourite things to buy when it comes to make up, I think its because they just come in so many colours to choose from and they can change any outfit you wear. Not like buying foundations of concealers, they're pretty much always going to be similar? Or am I just going crazy?

The thing about MAC lipsticks is they are just so beautifully packaged that I seem to struggle to say no when visiting my local store. Moving to university was the best thing I did, purely because I can now say I have a 'local MAC store'. I know that they are overpriced at £15 each, when you can pretty much get the same thing from drugstores, but there just seems to be something about them. I am most definitely not an anti-drugstore girl, I love going into my local Boots or Superdrug just as much as the next girl, but sometimes it's nice to treat yourself. Well, that's how I keep reassuring myself anyway.


1. REBEL
Rebel is (as you can probably tell) a deep plummy red in a Satin finish. I think I'd have to say this is my favourite in my collection. It just seems so wearable, purely because I spend my life in black. The finish is also one of my favourite consistency's, its moisturising without being too creamy which is something I tend to look for in lipsticks.


2. RUBY WOO
Ruby Woo is the newest addition to my collection. Its a bright red in a Matte finish. Now while I absolutely adore the colour of this lipstick, the finish... not so much. I mean, I'm all for a matte finish, I usually love the way they look. However, this just seems to be far too dry it's almost difficult to even put on without tearing layers of skin from my lips first. I also think that with the matte lipsticks, lip liners are sort of essential because as you can tell from the photo it looks a little rough around the edges. I think that possibly next I may have to invest in another bright red one just in a different finish.


3. HOT GOSSIP
So, Hot Gossip I decided to invest in for an everyday 'my lips but better' kinda lipstick, it also has a hint of silver shimmer in. It is in the finish Cremesheen, which is lovely, its really moisturising and quite glossy at the same time. It seems to go really well with my skin tone which I found surprising because usually muted pinks tend to wash me out.


4. PINK NOUVEAU
This was the first lipstick I bought, and I think the excitement of actually owning one sent me a little crazy, and I sort of regretted getting this one. The colour does not compliment my skin tone in any way, shape or form. It washes me out and makes me look all yellow. It hasn't shown up as well in the photo its a lot more blue toned and brighter in reality. I'm sure it would suit someone with a little darker skin than mine (not difficult).

Any recommendations on what my next MAC lipstick purchase should be?
What are your favourites? 
x



No comments:

Post a Comment